So unless you're living in a remote cave somewhere in the middle of nowhere, you've heard that Michael Jackson has passed away. It's not like I knew him personally or anything, but I must say, I was still shocked and saddened by the news. It's amazing how someone that you didn't even know can make you feel that way. I mean really, they're just ordinary people. They just happen to be entertainers of whom you have enjoyed their talents in some form or fashion over the years. When I was little, Michael Jackson was THE MAN! Billie Jean was the very first song that I ever learned to words to (which looking back at the lyrics, that probably wasn't such a good thing...), and the very first concert that I ever went to was the Thriller tour (but I think they called it the Victory tour, or something like that). I had a HUGE crush on the cutest boy in my third grade class, who was the COOLEST kid because he had the red leather jacket with all of the studs and zippers. I even stayed on the waiting list at the library for the entire summer, just so I could read the Michael Jackson biography.

Over the years, there have been many people in and out of my life that have passed away. Other than grandparents, I have been fortunate not to lose anyone close to me. I am not ready to deal with the loss of my parents (or, for that matter, anyone else close to me), but I know that with their age and health issues that this is imminent in the coming years. This is my tribute to those that have gone on, but had some impact on me for one reason or another. Some of these brought out a sad "awwww," and some of these drew a horrified gasp. I didn't know any of them personally, but their deaths affected me in some way just the same...











Then there are the ones that only became well known in their deaths, like Laci Peterson, or locally, Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom. And finally, there are the ones that aren't celebrities at all, but I cried for days at their deaths.




I still cry when I see the footage and photos, even after all of these years. My heart breaks for the families that lost someone. Probably the worst things that I've ever seen in my lifetime, and hopefully, that I will ever see. I'll never forget them...
No comments:
Post a Comment