I LOVE the beach! I have a few theories as to why I love it so much. Maybe it's because we never went when I was a kid. I can remember going maybe two times ever for our family vacations. Most of the time, we went to Texas to visit my mom's family, but even that was rare. We usually just stayed home. Maybe I love it so much because I associate it with all good things. Whenever I go to the beach, it's for vacation. That means, no worries, no schedule, no getting up early... It's just rest and relaxation for an entire (-ly too short) week. I love the salt air and the sound of the waves. It's just so peaceful! There's also the matter of not having any allergies for the time that I'm there. That's just an added bonus!! I really want to move closer to the ocean, but I have this fear that once I get there, I won't love it as much. By moving there, I'll have to get a job, clean the house, and go back to the other mundane things that we all have to do in life. I'm secretly afraid that this will take the fun out of moving there. BUT that's a risk that I'm more than willing to take!
My most favorite place ever is Charleston, South Carolina. We went there for vacation as just a random pick of mine right after we were married. We couldn't agree on a place to go, so Chris just told me to pick something. I decided on Charleston because Chris is such a history nut. Little did I know how much I would LOVE it there! I almost feel like that is my home away from home. I know my way around, and I'm very comfortable there. The only problem with Charleston (for vacation) is that there are very few places to stay that are on the ocean, unless you rent one of those huge houses that sleep about 14 people. That being said, we haven't been there for the past few years since I've been trying to find places that we could stay where we can walk to the beach (with kids, it's much easier that way). But last summer, we went to Beaufort, and I spent the entire week trying to figure out a way to visit Charleston while we were there. We ended up leaving the condo that we rented at the the end of the week, and driving two hours out of our way so that I could eat lunch at Jestine's and spend the day shopping at the market.

We went to Tybee Island for vacation this summer, and it was the same thing. All I wanted to do was visit Charleston, and I thought about it the whole time we were there! Unfortunately, it wasn't in the cards for that trip, so I'm suffering from serious withdrawals!!
I think I'd rather live in Charleston than any other place I've ever been. Specifically, I want to live in Mt. Pleasant, which is a suburb of Charleston. (Did I mention that I've even picked out the neighborhood that I want to live in??) Mt. Pleasant has EVERYTHING! It's got Patriot's Point where the Yorktown is, and the Hunley will soon be. It's only a ten minute drive to the Battery with all of the beautiful homes, the market, historic churches and great restaurants. It's only ten minutes in the other direction (and across the drawbridge-how cool!) to Sullivan's Island (i.e. the beach), the lighthouse, and Ft. Moultrie. I've even picked out my ideal job... I'm all into house remodeling/flipping, and I want to work for Richard Davis at Trademark Properties. I've got it all figured out... *sigh* I wonder if I'll ever get to live there?




No comments:
Post a Comment