Friday, May 8, 2009

So why the Griswolds?

Seeing as how Griswold is not my last name, you're probably wondering why my blog is titled My Life as a Griswold. Well, I guess you'd have to know my husband. He is constantly referring to us as the Griswolds, paying tribute to Clark W. Griswold from the Vacation movies. If anyone were to travel in the car for two or three days to some amusement park that ended up being closed, that would be us!

For example, I'm probably the only person on earth that has ever gotten locked out of an automobile (that was running) by the dog. Yes, the dog! Long story, but she stomped on the door locks and locked me out of the car while I was delivering HOA newsletters. Did I mention that Chris wasn't home, it was February, and I was four months pregnant at the time?? Now I had tried on several occasions to lock my keys in the car on purpose, and was unable to. Why, you ask? When we first got married, we lived in an apartment, and I wanted to let the car warm up, but needed the doors locked so that, hopefully, the car would still be there when I came out. Besides locking them in the trunk, there was no way do this, UNTIL... So there you have it... That is why we're the Griswolds!


Although I haven't quite figured out who it would be yet, I'm sure that we have a Cousin Eddie in our family too. Maybe it's my brother...

No comments:

Post a Comment