Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Answered prayers

When I got pregnant with Emma, I prayed for the usual things-a healthy baby, ten fingers and toes, blah blah... And I realize that it is probably very wrong, but I also prayed for two very specific things. First, I prayed that the baby would be a girl, and second, that she would sleep well because I didn't think I could handle another baby that didn't sleep until it was 15 months old. God did give me what I asked for, but is it wrong that I prayed (ahem... begged) for that?


Don't get me wrong! I love my son more that anything in this world, but I knew that this would be our last baby, and I have SO wanted a daughter for my whole life! It's like a man wanting a son-I think it's only natural. Chris actually agreed early on that if it was a boy, he would be willing to give it one more shot... (although, I don't really believe that at this point-especially since daycare is so dang expensive!)



So anyway, God has blessed us with another beautiful, healthy child, who just so happens to be a sweet little girl that has slept all night long since January. In fact, this past Saturday morning, Chris actually had to wake her up to feed her after TWELVE hours of sleeping, and she STILL wasn't ready to get up! (this is definitely my child...)


So now that I have a girl, I'm doing the usual things...wasting a ridiculous amount of money on clothes and shoes, mentally decorating her "big girl" room, deciding on what kind of prom dress she should wear, and of course, prepping for the WEDDING!! Is that too much?? Or too soon?? Maybe God will punish me for my selfish request by making me go bankrupt...


Did I mention that she sucks her thumb? How cute! I'm so gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment