Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Random thoughts

  • I'm often driving around, and I'll see a random shoe laying beside the road. Where did this shoe come from, why is it there, and where is the other shoe?

  • What purpose does poison ivy/oak serve? I hate mosquitoes, but I realize that something out there probably eats them (you know, the whole food chain thing). But to the best of my knowledge, nothing eats poison ivy, and it certainly doesn't eat anything else, so why is it here? Is it just to make me miserable?

  • Why is toilet paper so expensive? Really, it's just paper (albeit rather soft paper) that is designed to wipe your butt and be thrown away. It serves no other purpose, so why does it cost so much? This goes right along with diapers... Again, the sole purpose is to catch baby poo and get tossed.

  • Why are hotels so expensive? I mean really, why should it cost me a minimum of $80 to have a place to sleep, pee, and take a shower? Nothing else is included in that cost... No food, drinks, or otherwise - well, maybe the tiny bottles of shampoo and soap, but that's it... And I bring my own, thank you!

  • How is it that a person that is so tiny can need so much stuff? Emma is the smallest member of our household, but yet, when we go anywhere, we have to take more stuff for her than anyone else in the house. I can't even go to visit my mother without the diaper bag, bottle bag, burp cloth, baby food, spoons, bib, travel swing and/or bouncy seat... oh yeah, and the baby.

  • How come the month after I bought an SUV, gas went up to $4.50 a gallon?

  • Where are the cops when some idiot goes screaming by you in the turn lane at 90 mph, talking/texting on his cell phone, flipping you off, and runs the red light at the next intersection?

  • What is the purpose of the yellow TDOT trucks? They're supposed to be there in case your car breaks down, you have a flat tire, or you run out of gas, BUT there's no way to call them if you need them, and inevitably, they're on the other side of the interstate if you do.

  • Why is it that every time I think I'm getting caught up with the bills and I'll have some extra money, I get the bill for the car insurance, or the tag renewals, or the deposit for after school care?

  • Why is baby formula so expensive? Have you read the ingredient label? The number one ingredient is corn syrup solids. Yeah, that's it. So why does it cost a minimum of $16 a can (and that's for generic!!)?

  • What exactly is imitation crab meat?

  • Why is it that when I finally get a day to sleep late, I wake up at 7:00 am? And why is it that I have to drag the kids out of bed during the week, but on the weekends, they pop up bright and early?

  • How is it possible that tea has more caffeine than Coke?

  • Why is all of the really tasty food bad for you?

  • Why couldn't I live in the Middle Ages when being fat was a sign of wealth and royalty?

  • Why is it that I only crave fattening foods when I decide to go on a diet?

  • Have you ever noticed that you only catch the really long red lights when you're already late? Or is it that you just notice it more?

No comments:

Post a Comment