Tuesday, January 10, 2012

new year, new resolutions




Well here we are again...  It's January.  I'm supposed to come up with some New Year's resolutions.  I really hate this part...  The only resolution that I've ever, in the history of resolutions, actually kept, was to stop biting my fingernails.  And that was like... twenty years ago???  (Truthfully, probably longer than that...)  Last year (or maybe the year before) I resolved to get out of debt, and of course, the overdone, unrealistic "lose weight."  So yeah, none of that has happened. 

Well, that's not entirely true.  I'm still in debt, but I've gotten a LOT better.  I cut up my credit card, transferred the balance to one with a lower interest rate, and I don't use the new one at all.  I've gotten the balance on my car down to $370.42 (as of next week), so it will be paid off next month.  I borrowed a tiny amount of money from Emma's savings account to do that, but hey, she isn't using it right now, so I'll pay it back...  After the car is done, I'll tackle that remaining credit card balance, which hopefully, will be paid off before Christmas.  That's the goal anyway.

I'll be honest, the weight thing would be nice, but when it comes to choosing between something greasy and salty, or something tasteless...er...healthy... I'll pick the greasy, salty fries at McDonald's every time.  Well, those and the large, caramel frappe, but that's another story...  This year, it's going to be different.  I am going to lose some weight, because this time, I have no choice.  We're going on a cruise.  My wonderful sister-in-law called us up and invited us to go on a Disney cruise with her family and my mother-in-law.  Of course we said yes!!  Unfortunately, that was before we realized how much it costs, but that's also another story.  The problem with the whole trip IS my wonderful sister-in-law.  Did I mention that she and her husband ran a marathon last year???  It's just not right...


So in an effort to avoid becoming the only whale sighting on our cruise, I'm on a diet.  Garfield once said that a diet is "DIE with a T!"  He's right.  But I'm going to do it.  Somehow, some way.  I've been watching what I'm eating, and I plan to start exercising when it warms up a bit.  I've only fallen off the wagon three times since I started.  WHAT???  So it's just January 10th!  You can't just go cold turkey when you've been eating crap for like four years straight you know...


No comments:

Post a Comment